Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 6 ICU Update #2

At 1:00 mom was still sitting up. Still looking good. Tired. Everyone just keeps going on and on about how well she is doing. I really think she is tired of hearing it. She said when they tried to stand her up today she was shaking and wobbly. They had to get a guy to come and help her. I guess 6 days with no food and a major surgery will make you just a little weak!

Dad asked her if the recovery was what she thought it would be. She shook her head no. He asked was it worse. She nodded yes.

Just pray that the weaning off of the vent continues to go well. If she can get off of that and start walking they will be able to put her in a room. Then she won't feel so alone. The one on one care of ICU is nice. But when you are awake more it is harder.

Dad will be there for 5. He told her earlier to get ready he was going to rub her feet down with lotion. I almost gagged and assured both of them that I was glad I would be gone! LOL!

Cody is going to come in tomorrow after work. It is hard to get up here everyday after working all day. Plus with gas at $3.55 a gallon doesn't help. Mom is totally fine with that. I told him it would be better since I may not make it up there tomorrow.

PLEASE NOTE: I will go back to work tomorrow. There may not be any updates until AFTER 7pm unless I am able to get to a computer at work. Which is possible. If anything major happens (like going to a room) I will try very hard to get it posted! I work Tuesday and Wednesday (6:30am-6:30pm) and when I get home, things are usually a little crazy. But I will do my darndest to you all posted!

No comments: