Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Just another note, something that has been on my mind

When dad told me that Ms. Rabalais and Mrs. Long were at the hospital I just thought to myself what wonderful friends my parents have. Mom's friends have been so sweet and supportive but dad would have never gotten through all of this without HIS friends.

One day, years ago I went to eat lunch with a friend at a restaurant. My dad was there with about 8 teacher friends, ALL WOMEN. I introduced my dad to my friend who quickly asked, "which one is your mom?" I just laughed. "Why, none of them actually" was all I could say.

But through thick and thin there have been 4 amigos that have been there and stuck together through it all. Ann, Martha, Dad, and Mrs. Wilma Abram. I walked into ICU one day and there they all were. As great friends should be.

I remember Ann and her daughter's coming to the house when they were elementary and junior high school. Now Ann's "baby" just graduated from college. Ann was concerned about who was going to take care of dad while she was gone.

When these ladies haven't been able to be at the hospital, they have called to check on dad and mom, of course. They have been his rock and been there for him so many times and this latest hurdle was no exception.

So from me personally, I would like to thank each of you. Ms. Rabalais, Mrs. Long and Mrs. Abram for being the best friends that my dad could ever ask for. You have always put your friendship with him and each other first and foremost. And for that I will be eternally grateful, and I know mom is too!

No comments: