Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, January 16, 2009

FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF RETIREMENT!!

Yes, it is finally here! Yesterday was my last day of school. I think my kids were a little confused. Some of them thought I was coming back, or coming back to sub. Finally someone asked if I was getting paid, so I think they were worried that I wouldn't have any money.

On Monday afternoon, my school staff gave me a wonderful retirement party. I was so over whelmed. They bought me three beautiful pieces of Arthur court. The middle school staff that I used to work with brought me a card with a Hancock's gift card and money. That was so sweet of them.

Several of my kids brought me gifts, and many of them made me sweet cards. On Wednesday, the fifth grade teachers cooked lunch for me. It was wonderful potato soup, salad, and dessert. We have always enjoyed our lunches when someone had a birthday.

Clay took us all out to dinner last night to Jan's restaurant. I have always loved their fish, but the fish was terrible. Everything else was good, and at least we had a good time being together.

So I've had pretty much a week of celebrating. Now on this very cold windy morning, I got to stay in bed. It seems more like a sick day. I guess it will eventually sink in.

It was sad leaving my friends. Some I have taught with (side by side) for 10 years, and some I've known the whole 20 years. I hope we can all keep in touch.

So now to another chapter in my life, and a new year which I hope is filled with blessing for all of us, and for all of you.

Love you all,
Shirley

No comments: