Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Getting the most for your money!

 I know my husband doesn't believe this, but since I retired I do try to spend my money wisely on things that I know won't be wasted. I had made myself a promise that I wouldn't buy anymore fabric until I made a big dent in what I have. Well......I guess I didn't do too good on that, but I have a plan for everything I have bought.
  I made Shelby a little outfit in the fall of '08 from a pretty floral pique, and a hot pink micro check fabric
 
  It was from the pattern Bonnie Blue Lauren. I love this pattern, but it seems to run a little large. I also made bloomers to match. Shelby did wear it, and she wore it in the fall of '09 also, and guess what? She can still wear it as a top, so I made her a pair of capris that she can wear into late spring. (I made the size 2).

 
  Now I'm going to show you an old picture  of her wearing the outfit. She was so funny as she had to keep her "hankie" in her pocket (just like my mom used to do). A girl mustn't have a runny nose by any means!

  She has grown up SO much since these pics. I will have to update when I get a new one with her wearing the capris.  I paid full price for this material so I was really glad that she has got to wear it for 2 seasons. 
  If you have a blog, please add mine to your list of followers. I want to have a giveaway when I get more followers.


6 comments:

susan said...

Shirley-If this sweet girl were ours, I would never stop buying. Now, I would just have to buy the clothes and not the fabric since I can't sew! I don't know how you could resist!

Unknown said...

what a cutie!!!!

nonie everythingsewing said...

What a little sweeite. So how are you doing not buying fabric??

ShirleyC said...

Nonie, you didn't have to ask that. LOL I placed an order to Chez Ami the other night, and so did my DD. I'm hoping it will come when DH is gone. Keeping my fingers crossed. Ha!

Martha said...

How cute!!! I LOVE the floral and gingham together and I love her hankie pocket. So cute.

Fifi Flowers said...

ADORABLE!!!