Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sew Beautiful #129...

  I got my new issue of SB yesterday so when I went to bed I decided to read it. That is always the best uninterrupted time for me to read anything that I read.
  I was carefully reading every article, and I got to the one about "Eco Friendly Sewing", looked on the right hand side, and there was my tip I had submitted to Facebook a few weeks ago. I had even forgotten that I had replied. I told them about an old make-up tray that I use to store my embroidery thread in that slides inside my desk.
  I know this is nothing compared to having your handmade outfits published, (I can't even imagine the thrill that must bring), but it did make me feel good to be quoted in such a well read magazine.
 I'm posting a couple of pics of the tray I use for my embroidery thread. When my daughter was living at home, she cleaned out her room, and threw this in a garbage sack. I dug it out because I felt it was too good to throw away, and I was always needed storage containers in my sewing room.
 

 The next pic shows the little cubby hole in my desk that I slide the tray into. It is so handy and easy to reach. I keep my most used colors in it, and the others are kept in plastic threads boxes under my desk.


There is just enough room to have 2 of these. The other one is for sewing thread.

   I have 2 large desks from the Christopher Lowell collection, and they have some really neat storage places. One day I will have to post more pics of my sewing space.
Happy sewing!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Shirley! Before I even knew who you were, I had run across that cute picture of Shelby in that CC Lauren dress and put it in my idea file to make later. I just love that little dress and am so glad to get to know the designer behind it now! Oh yeah...I was going to comment on your tip here. Genius!! I am going to do this too!
Laura

Laura said...

Oops, I meant Bonnie Blue Lauren! You know what I meant! LOL :)