Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Sewing With Carol Ahles in the Ozarks...

  I am so excited because I am planning a trip to a sewing workshop that will be in Springdale, AR March 25-27.
  I have always wanted to attend Martha Pullen's conferences, but they are always so far, and they usually a involve a lot of walking. Right now, that's just not much fun for me especially if I am lugging a machine.
  This sewing workshop will be taught by Carol Ahles who is the author of the book Fine Machine Sewing. She is also a frequent contributor to Threads sewing magazine.
  

   Since I am going to her class, I decided to order her book, and I can tell by just thumbing through the pages that I have made a great investment. There are so many techniques that I have been wanting to learn in this book. So that makes me doubly excited to be attending her class.
 

  One of them is the Parisian Hemstitch, and of course, joining lace to fabric using hemstitching. There are soooo many techniques that I would like to learn and/or improve upon. I have dibbled in a few, but I've never had the chance to learn from a real pro.
  I know some of you are thinking, "How boring!" LOL I'm sure it is if you don't sew, but sewing is my therapy. I have sewn since I was a kid. I hope the Lord above allows me to sew for many more years. 
  When I return from this class, I will post pics (hopefully) of some things I learned. Here is a link to her website in case you want to check it out.
http://www.carolahles.com/


4 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like sooooo much fun!!

Bunny said...

That book has become one of the bibles of my sewing room, Shirley. I bet you get sooooo much out of this class and is seems a wonderful opportunity.

nonie everythingsewing said...

That sounds like fun, that is one of my favorite sewing books.

Rettabug said...

Good for you, Shirley! You have earned a great sewing vacation!
I know you'll come back refreshed & full of new ideas. I'm jealous. :o