Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, May 21, 2010

A SURPRISE IN THE MAIL....

  This has not been a good week in that one of our very best friends died last Sunday. Terry had been a close friend for thirty something years. 
  In spite of that, we had been planning a "Celebrate Life" party here on May 26th. My husband is having it all catered so we can just visit with our friends and family.
  One of my dearest friends lives in Oklahoma, and she couldn't make the party because it is a really long way. She wants to be here as much as I would like for her to be here so she surprised me with a gift in the mail.
  The funny thing is that when I got home yesterday there was this big box sitting on my island bar. I didn't open it because I thought it was something my hubby had brought in from school. He didn't open it because he thought it was "some more crap I'd ordered." LOL So after I swore I didn't have a clue as to where it came from he got a knife and slit it open.
  My friend, Jay Dawn, (from OK) had sent me a special gift to use at my party.
  It is a wooden, carved, and painted wind chime, and to top it off, it is hysterical to watch because when the wind blows his head and neck bob up and down. It was made in Indonesia. I just LOVE it.
  Thank you, Jay Dawn (sounds like Julia on Designing Women), for brightening my day. I love you dearly!
Click on the pics to make them larger.
I think I'll call him "Woody".

3 comments:

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

WOW! that is so cute and colorful, He will be boppin' to the music.
I do hope your gathering will be wonderful and the weather will be delightful. Blessings to you.

Jay D Wyatt said...

Shirley's pictures have made me want one for myself. Woody looks right at home. I know your party will be so much fun. I will be there in spirit for sure!

Love you so much!

Goosegirl said...

Oh Shirley, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. My heart hearts for you. But your new bird friend is darling. I pray he makes your heart smile.