Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Swimsuits....

  I have been wanting to make some swimsuits for a long time. I made two different styles. The pattern for the seersucker suit came from Sew Beautiful Magazine - issue #130. Lots of people have made these. It turned out really cute, and Shelby loved it. I may make another one soon.
The next one was made from fabric from Chez Ami. It's what they call their tactel knit, or swimwear fabric. I loved sewing on this stuff. It is stretchy, but so easy to sew on. I wish I had a coverstitch machine, but I don't, so I experimented with my serger, and my sewing machine.
I used the same bikini bottom pattern from SB, and just left off the ruffle at the waist. The top is McCall's 4762. It has elastic in the back. I tried it on Shelby the other day, and it is really cute on her. I will get some pics when we go to the beach in a few days.
  I hemmed the ruffled using my serger and a rolled hem. It did really good. The pattern didn't call for a ruffle, but I just felt it needed something. I have enough of this fabric to make another one or two. LOL  I got this when they had one of their sales for $3.50 a yd. I will be looking for some more soon. Got to love those sales!!
  Cayden and Shelby came for my birthday on Friday, and we had so much fun swimming in our cousin's pool. Cayden has learned so much at his swimming lessons, and Shelby wore her floatie swim ring, and she dog-paddled all around the pool. 
  I hope the next post will be pics of our beach trip. Our whole family is getting to go, so please say a prayer for a safe trip.
Hugs to all!

5 comments:

Cole's Corner said...

Ohhhhhhh!!!! It is sooooo cute. I hadn't thought of making a tank-ini. I love that!!! I'm gonna have to check out Chez Ami!

Julia said...

These suits are so adorable!!!I love both of them. Happy late birthday!!!!
I'm anxious to see them in the pool!

Laurie said...

Oh Shirley - these are adorable!!!!

Rettabug said...

SWEET, SWEET, SWEET!!!

Goosegirl said...

Shirley, those little swimsuits are sooooo cute!! I love them both!!! I need to make up the Toddler Two Piece for Ahnalin before she gets too big for it. But you did a marvelous job!!!