Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sharing some Thoughts, and My Goodies from a Friend....

 I'm joining the Fabulous Friday Linky Party Today. Come and visit to meet new blog friends.


Posted July 21, 2010:
 I feel like I'm so far behind in a lot of ways. It is summertime, and we've been gone a lot too. It seems like when we are home that I have so many interruptions that keep me from getting my projects finished, and I seem to be behind in my blogging too.
 We went to an out of town wedding over the weekend, but in the process we got to eat dinner with one of my sewing/forum friends in Mississippi. Jerry and I met on a sewing forum a few years ago, and we have a lot in common. We've gotten to meet and eat a few times, and she was the one I went to the Carol Ahles workshop with in March. We had a great time Friday night along with our hubbies!
 Then on the way home on Sunday, my DH left me at another friend's house in a small town in LA. We live a little over an hour apart. We haven't gotten to really visit in a long time, and it was so nice to be relaxed, swim, and eat some good home cooking.
 Jenny had just returned from a 2 week trip on the East Coast. While there, she brought me some fabulous goodies (for my birthday).  So I have to share because these things are very special to me.
 She went to Pennsylvania to the Amish community. These two pictures were cross-stitched, and they are sooooo detailed. I am just in awe of their needlework. Look at those quilts hanging on that clothesline.



























She also brought me some maple syrup from Vermont. Look how cute that little bottle is! The candle smells wonderful, and I love those cookbooks. The Amish cookbook has very simple recipes inside. Just my speed!














She brought me the Martha's Vineyard Cookbook because I've always wanted to go there. Actually, she never made it to Martha's Vineyard, but she found me a little souvenir anyway. LOL


 The framed cross is special because Jenny said it is to remind me of all I've been through.
  Don't you love it when people give you things that have special meanings? I know I do. I also love to give things to people that I think they will enjoy for the same reasons.
 Thanks to Jerry and Don for a lovely evening, and thanks to Jenny for my goodies, and for thinking of me in such a special way.
  My friends mean the world to me!!

No comments: