Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Meet Me on Monday....


  I love this. It sort of sounds like a song. LOL
Java from Never Growing Old is our host. If you would like to join in, go on over and link up.

 This week's questions are:

1. What is your favorite dessert?
    This is hard. I seldom eat any really good desserts since we have been trying to do WW so when I do eat one, I want it to be something very, very good.
  I love homemade bread pudding, lemon icebox pie, pecan pie, Italian cream cake, and on and on. I absolutely love my husband's chocolate pie. The recipe is actually for a coconut pie. He just leaves out the coconut and adds cocoa. Everyone raves over it that eats it.


     
2. What do you wear to bed?
    In summer, I wear nylon pajamas, and in winter I wear tee shirts and knit pajama pants. I love winter. I always have. When I had my surgery in '08, I got so used to wearing pj pants and tee shirts all day - every day - that it took me forever to get used to wearing real clothes again.

3. Do you get regular manicures/pedicures?
 I've never had either. I have very hard fingernails, and I wouldn't dare mess them up with fake nails. Polish just gets nicked and messed up. I used to keep them faithfully polished, but not any more. I couldn't polish my toe nails if I wanted. LOL

4. Did you play any sports in high school?
  That would be a "NO". I did play summer ball once in middle school, and I did really good. We lived so far away from the school that I seldom got to even go back to watch a ballgame or anything.

5. Do you have an iPod?
 This is my favorite question of the 5. I got an iPod Touch for my birthday. I love it! I can lay in bed at night, check my FB and email, and listen to my favorite songs that usually put me to sleep. I also like playing Words with Friends. 

 I enjoyed meeting some new blogging friends last week. I hope you will join in the fun.

6 comments:

Augmented Gem said...

Mmm that chocolate pie looks so good! My ipod touch goes to bed with me too. Handy little things aren't they.

Julia said...

I loved getting to know you better. I'm going to check out this site and possibly participate. I hope things are all ok. You mentioned that you had had a sad week. I've been so behind checking blogs that I'm afraid I've missed something. I'm going to go back to some of your previous posts.

Ai Mei said...

Hi! I'm a new follower via Google Friend Connect. Found you through the Blog Hop! :) Hopefully you can stop by!

-Ai Mei
http://StudentSavingBucks.blogspot.com

jamfiescreations1 said...

Hi Shirley, thanks for following my blog. I now follow yours. That pie sure looks good. Hope you have a great day.

Doreen McGettigan said...

I am so glad you were finally able to follow. Thank you for your kind comments. I am going to have to try to get over here on a Monday!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Love the pie - it's one of my favorites also - although I don't have a good recipe for it. My mom had one of those multi purpose recipes - sounds like the one you describe - where you can make it a lemon pie or a coconut cream pie or chocolate pie - but the recipe is lost.....

Thanks for stopping by The House on the Corner!!