Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Justice for Justin Bloxom

  Some of you read my answer to 'what creeps me out' on my Monday post, and I think you were a little shocked.  Sorry, it is just something that is ever present on my mind. (More details at the bottom.)
  As I mentioned then, it was the guy who murdered a former student, Justin Bloxom.

 Justice for Justin Facebook page.

  Most of us think this could not happen to our kids or grandkids. Well, wake up, folks, because it happens everyday, and most of the time the kids don't tell, or they end up in the horrible hands of someone like Brian Horn.

  What I'm asking you to do is go to this Facebook page if you are on Facebook, and sign the petition. First you have to LIKE the page, then click on this link, and it will be the first topic under the Discussion tab.

http://www.facebook.com/Justiceforjustinbloxom?v=app_2373072738&ref=sgm

 Sign your name, your parish/county, and state. That's all.

  Click on notes and you will see that our Governor Jindal has already approved The Justin Bloxom Act.
  Every state needs to pass new laws or amend the old laws for convicted sex offenders. Actually, for any sex offenders because when they get out, they are not cured, and nearly always strike again.

  Justin was spending the night with a friend, another child I taught. He had been texting a little girl in his class. Brian Horn took the little girl's cell phone, and sent texts to Justin pretending to be the girl. He coaxed Justin into meeting him because Justin thought it was the girl. Brian Horn drove a taxi, and the girl (alias Brian Horn) told Justin she was sending a taxi for him. This was in the predawn hours of March 30. 
  This is where kids don't think. He just thought he was sneaking out to meet his friend. Justin was 12 years old. He was probably thinking he would be back before anyone noticed. The friend he stayed with did know the girl had asked him to meet her, but no one knew he was going.
  By the time they realized he was gone, it was too late. Our Sheriff's department was out in full force, and witnesses had seen that taxi up and down the highway. That is how they found out who it was, and it went from there.

  It's a sad, sad story, but it could happen anywhere. As parents and grandparents, we need to teach our kids to be aware of their surroundings, and to be aware of things that just don't seem right.

  I appreciate your support if you chose to sign the petition.

Shirley
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. ~Ron

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

just need you to send me your address and the book will be on its way

send to annah99@aol.com

BConky said...

Sad sad story. So scary. My sister was murdered by a stranger. People never think it can happen to thier family. It marks our lives forever. I'll pray for the little boy and his family and for you to help with the pain of the loss. Technology can be wonderful but it has it's scary side to.

Justice for Justin Bloxom said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for telling Justin's story on your site and asking that others visit his amazing beautiful page to sign this very important petition. God Bless you~ I saw this by pure accident and felt such overwelming joy that others have been touched by this incredible Childs life and story like so many of us have from his fb page. My name is Rhonda~ Justin's amazing mother has been my dear friend for over 20 years now. She is without question an Angel herself.
Thank you again & take care! If you ever find yourself on Justin's page let me know as I the admin <3