Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Meet Me on Monday......


 I'm participating in Java's Meet Me On Monday's Questions again this week, but next week I won't be here as I will be on the Carnival Conquest for 7 whole days.

1. What is the best dish you can make?
  I'm not the best all around cook in the world, but there are a couple of things I do make that my kids love. 
  One would be my shrimp/chicken gumbo. I make a roux the way my MIL taught me, which usually smokes up the whole house, but it is worth it in the end. If you've never done this, it involves browning a whole lot of flour in a whole lot of oil or lard.
 Some other special things I make are Shrimp Au gratin and Chicken Enchiladas.

2. How often do you change your sheets?

  I don't really change my sheets. I just wash them and put them back on the bed about once a week. I really need some new ones though.

3.  What is the longest car trip you have ever taken?

    The longest car trip I've ever taken was when we took a friend to her mom's in the summer of 2004. We went from here to Tampa, FL., and I think it is about 17 or 18 hours.  We had a good time on the way, but it seemed like it took forever to get there. We turned around and came right back home only spending one night on the way back. We were sooooo tired.

4. What is your favorite fruit?

  I'm not sure I really have just one favorite. I love watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes, oranges, on and on. One of my favorite things on the cruise is eating from the salad and fruit bar.
 
 
5.  Would you rather have breakfast for dinner or dinner for breakfast?

  I love breakfast for dinner. Especially is hubby is gone somewhere, and I'm not cooking a full meal. Sometimes I just make pancakes with old fashioned sugar syrup. That's the way I was raised. It's hot and it melts the butter. I don't have those too often anymore. It's not even close to a WW meal. LOL
 

2 comments:

kalea_kane said...

I hope you enjoy your cruise! Be safe and have a lot of fun!

Karen and Gerard said...

Hope you enjoyed the cruise! I've never been on one but heard the food is fantastic and comes all the time. I like pancakes too--they make a great dinner!

Stopping by from Meet Me On Monday.