Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Emily! (my daughter)

 Emily was due on April 7, 1974, but I went 2 weeks over and my doctor didn't believe in inducing.
 I was pretty miserable, and you can imagine why when I tell you she weighed 10lbs. 7oz., and was 21 in. long. She came here wearing 3 month sizes. LOL

 Even so, we were some pretty proud parents to say the least! Emily was born on my FIL's birthday, and he was one happy man. Unfortunately, he passed away when she was only 17 months old.

 This is a picture of Emily in her coming home dress (made when she was about a month old). It was a Martha Minature brand, and we couldn't button the top button. We paid $11.00 for it!


Below is Shelby wearing the same dress, and it swallowed her. LOL
 Below is a scanned picture of Emily at 5 weeks old beside one of Shelby at 5 weeks. You can see the hairline is definitely the same. LOL


 We are so proud of our daughter for the mother she has become. We love you, Emily!
 Thanks for sharing in my moment of memories. I know you will understand!

6 comments:

Empty Nester said...

A very happy birthday to your lovely Emily!

Peg Baker said...

Dear Shirley,

What a lovely tribute to your daughter Emily! I can see what a blessing she is: a gift to treasure always.

Peg

nonie everythingsewing said...

A happy birthday to Emily what a lovely story.

Tracy said...

Shirley,
That is one special post...very very sweet!
Thank you for sharing with us!
Happy Easter!

DeeDee said...

precious story... Happy Birthday Emily....:D

daughters are always a gift to treasure

Mrs Bix 10 said...

Happy belated birthday to Emily. She had such a lovely dress and I am so proud of you for saving all those years.

The only clothing I saved for my children were their Christening outfits. My daughter Amanda had a beautiful dress like that when she was a baby too...I wonder what I did with it, surely went to one of my nieces.