Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Real Southern Tea Party....

 I mentioned during my last post that I had been out of town last weekend. I went to Kenner, LA to visit my friend, Bettye. Bettye's house got flooded during Katrina, and it took her nearly 2 years to get it back into move-in condition. Now it's very nice, and that is all behind her, and we pray everyday that nothing like that happens again.
 Every year, Bettye's church group hosts a very nice tea party. I have been wanting to attend so I finally got to do that this year.
 Her church is in a quaint neighborhood in Metairie, LA.  The Tea Captains each decorate and host a table of friends for the tea.
 We sampled 3 different kinds of teas: Earl Grey Tea served with Appetizers, Blueberry White Tea served with Tea Sandwiches, and Madagascar Vanilla Red Tea served with Pastries.
 Their theme was "Shoes", and the decorations depicted how a woman's shoes change from a baby to a grown woman.
 I made the FSL Victorian style shoes as favors for Bettye's guest.

 These are the other tables.

 I really enjoyed meeting Bettye's friends, and these ladies did a whole lot of work to have this event. There were two ladies here that are 93 years old. One of them still drives, and the other one sitting at the  end of Bettye's table just found out she has ovarian cancer. So sad, but she wanted to come to the tea as she's come every year.
 I hope you enjoyed the pictures! This was my first REAL tea party, and I learned a whole lot!

3 comments:

Empty Nester said...

I know you had a wonderful time because the pictures were truly delightful!

Christie Cottage said...

I loved looking at the pretty decorations! Love the Victorian shoe bouquet too!

Looks like a fun event.

<><

Stop by and enter to win the "HANDMADE" banner if you do craft shows.
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com/2011/05/win-it-wednesday-new-giveaway-and.html

Anonymous said...

The tea party looks like a lot of fun and I'm so happy you were able to join your friend this year. The decorations are very sweet and the tea and treats sound delicious.