Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Monday, February 20, 2012

My Little Valentine....

  First, I'd like to say thanks for those of you that left comments on my last post. It has been a really tough week after the loss of our beloved friend.
 Friday evening we had a gathering at our home for all of her friends per request of her husband, sister, and MIL. I think it really helped all of us including her family to join together and share stories of our sweet Jay Dawn.

 I had made Shelby this little skirt for her Valentine's Day party.  The pattern is "Dancer" by Ellie Inspired. I really like the style, but the 3 layers got a little bulky, and it wanted to sag. The part I love about it is that is has shorts underneath. If I make it again, I will only do one skirt layer and the shorts. Shelby is getting to the age where little girls like skirts so I know she'll be wanting more.

  I covered a headband to match - which she loved!
  Now here is my Little Valentine! My sweet grands really lifted my day on Tuesday.  Oh the innocence of a child!
 I love the picture below. I know this girl would have loved to have had that whole box of cookies to herself. That is her favorite kind. It is just hilarious to watch her eat one of these or a cupcake! A girl after my own heart! LOL
 Thanks for stopping by. I do appreciate your visits.

6 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Those are my favorite cookies too! I love the photo of Shelby at the foot of the stairs. Attitude!!!
Deb

Eat To Live said...

Oh... how cute she is. You did a great job on the outfit.

Lindsey said...

Hey Shirley! Maybe I need to get you to teach me how to applique and embroider!! I'd save a bunch of $! Do you sell your stuff?

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh my gosh! You did a GRRRREAT job on that sweet outfit! LOVE IT!

Now Miss Shirley...don't faint...but I'm no longer going to do EVERYTHING pink. :)

I hope you will still LUV MOI! :)

xoRebecca

Tracy said...

What a beautiful outfit Shirley! you did a fantastic job on ALL parts of it! I remember sewing for my step daughter...how I miss those days.

Heather B said...

Omg! Your granddaughter is so ADORABLE! The outfit and headband you made her is priceless! So glad I visited your site.