Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Monday, January 21, 2013

My Word from 2012!

 Maybe some of you remember my word for last year that I posted in January?

  The word was "innovative" which was in this POST.  I guess it's just befitting that I follow up on that post.

  I think I did pretty good trying to do some different things this year, and not just with sewing.  I may be partial, but I thought my little lamp makeover was pretty "innovative"!
  This was one of my recent posts in case you missed it. Amy Anderson from Modge Podge Rocks really liked it, and she's going to share it on FB. 
  My embroidery machine passed away during Christmas so I had to be "innovative" in finishing these pajamas for my grandsons.

 I drew the designs to match the fabric in the pants, and then I stitched around every edge on my sewing machine. Now I know why I like my embroidery machine sooooo much! 
  I know there have to be more ways than this that I have been "innovative", but right now my feeble mind is just not remembering.
 The one place I wish I could be "innovative" is cleaning the house. That just gets to be the most dreadful thing I have to do some days!
  Any suggestions????

  ....and NO, I don't have a word for 2013 - yet!!
  I hope if you read this post that you will comment with ways you have been "innovative" in 2012!!

Thanks for looking! 
 

4 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

I need to get my innovative behind busy and clean this house too!
Good job on the jammies!
Deb

nonie everythingsewing said...

I am still working on innovation.
Those jammies are so cute, good job making those.
Nonie

Angela Lee said...

That little martian is fabulous Shirley and very innovative! I think any mom or grandma has to be innovative. I bet if you wrote them down, you'd have a huge list in no time at all.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

I do not have a word nor have had one so you are not alone. I love that lamp!!! That is too cool. I wondered what happens to all those fabric edges... nothing goes to waste in your sewing room.

HOPE the family and you are doing good!