Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Missing in Action!

Good morning from the deep South! I know it's been a while, but I'm going to try and start back blogging as often as I can.
Life happens! I've not stopped sewing! My sewing is just sporadic at times. Sometimes it's for mission projects and sometimes for my grands.
My Shelby is going on eleven so I don't sew for her as much. We have a new great-granddaughter, Ellie. I'm enjoying sewing for her when I have time.
My church mission group keeps me busy making care bags for a domestic abuse shelter close to here. I'm the only one that sews so that makes it hard, but I do enjoy it.
The biggest change came in December when my husband had a major heart attack. Our whole life has changed, and it's also very busy at times. He's doing much better, but he takes a lot of my attention. Some days more than others. I had to take up running all of the errands and driving. I've never liked driving!
I know things will get better, but it's going to take a while. He starts cardiac rehab next week so that will involve lots of driving. I'm hoping it won't be long until he can help with that.
These are some of the bags, and a pic of what we put in them. Louisiana has a whole lot of domestic abuse cases. I was able to visit one of the shelters. It is an old two story building with no signs of any kind. It's kept locked, and someone stays there 24/7 to service whoever is living there. They try to help the ladies to become independent, find jobs, and start over.
Of course, many don't stay but a day or two and go back to their abuser. They're offered counseling and lots of support, but that is their own decision.

I will be adding some more posts. I hope there's a few people who will follow and read my posts. I love reading blogs!
Shirley

No comments: