Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Monday, May 7, 2018

Ten Years Ago!

TEN years ago today was my 12 hr. surgery for tongue cancer - 12 days in the hospital including 6 days in ICU. I have come a long way. Praise God I'm here today to tell about it. No one knows how gut wrenching the words "you've got cancer" are unless you've been there! I have some friends fighting this disease right now, and some who lost their battle. It breaks my heart to see what they have to go through. I am so blessed - beyond words - but the thought never leaves my mind that it can return.
I spent Mother's Day in the hospital that year, and I don't remember much, but I do remember my kids tried to make it the best they could. 


I am so blessed to have had amazing doctors, and even more blessed to have amazing friends and family to support me. As I went back over the blog posts Emily posted to keep everyone informed, tears came to my eyes. It was all so overwhelming, and a lot of it I can't even begin to explain.
I am so thankful I am still here to enjoy my kids, grandkids, friends, and my sewing! It was a rough time for me and my family, but we all pulled together, and we survived! Praising God! 

 Enjoy life to the fullest while you can because you never know what tomorrow will bring. 
This pic was from my 2 year celebration. 
 This pic is the last time we all went to the beach in 2013. We're going again this year if all goes well. We just won't be able to get a full family picture. (Sorry this one is distorted due to the width.)

 Love to all!

2 comments:

ShirleyC said...

Testing comments.

Anonymous said...

What an inspiration! Wishing you many, many, many more tomorrows.