Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring Hasn't Arrived............

 It's been here all winter!! Seriously, we haven't had a lot of really cold days. We are thankful that we've had some rain, but our averages are still way behind. Last summer was horribly dry as most of you remember and horribly HOT! I'm really praying that this summer is not like that!
  
 I just wanted to share these pics of my gerbera daisies. They have bloomed ALL winter long on the patio. The temps only dipped into the 20's a couple of times, and we did nothing to protect them as this pot is really heavy. 

 They are so thick, and they really need to be repotted or put into the yard. My DH likes them in the pot, and I tried to tell him when he did this last spring to please put some in another pot, but you know - in one ear and out the other! 

 We've had some of these for several seasons. 
  I've enjoyed seeing these pretty blooms on some pretty dreary days. We have some more that the frost got, but they are already putting out some green shoots. 

 I hope all of my blogging friends are safe from this last round of bad storms. There has just been so much sadness lately. Everyone is in my prayers.

5 comments:

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Those are some hardy plants, I would love to have some of those seeds. WOW! they wintered well.
GOD is wonderful to send us all this color in a time when the earth is sleeping but Spring will be here soon! then the pollen.. humidity, bugs.... then we will wish it was Fall...

Me said...

Comment ~ LOL ... I am a quilter ...

Laura is the name .. nice to meet you

Eat To Live said...

How beautiful your flowers are. You must have a very GREEN thumb.

In my neck of the woods, we have had a mild winter also, but we have had snow a few times, so our flowers can't grow on our porch.

Susan said...

Love your daises! Down here in south Alabama we have had a very mild winter. I am wondering too what our summer is going to be like. It hasn't been cold enough to kill off all the bugs and we have seen two snakes this 'winter'....yikes!

Rettabug said...

I can't imagine having flowers like that last outside for so long!! How wonderful to have a sneak peek at what is coming.
I captured a shot of some crocus, just before it snowed again all over them. LOL
Hurry up, SPRING!!

Hugs,
Rett

p.s. Loved seeing Shelby's V.D. outfit!