Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

New Beginnings!



The month of May has been very busy around here. I sort of feel like we are repeating the month of December when we never have a free minute. That's ok though! I'd rather be busy than bored or unable to participate in my families milestones.
  On May 11, our Bubba earned his degree in Oil and Gas Technology from Bossier Parish Community College. As most of you know, this was a miracle in itself as he was in that terrible wreck in September. The doctors told him he'd not be able to walk for at least six months. He proved them wrong and was back in class in December. 
 The Bossier Press Tribune did an interview with him, and the article came out on his graduation day. We all just sat there with tears in our eyes feeling so blessed and so thankful he had lived through that and achieved his goal to finish by the end of May. You can read the article HERE.
  I was also excited to see some kids I taught in elementary school also graduate the same day! I guess that's double dipping! 
  This is a picture of Bubba and one of his best friends from high school, Katy. Katy graduated again with Bubba, and the funny thing is that Bubba ended up sitting right behind Katy at the ceremony - out of 372 graduates - that was pretty neat! 

  The speaker at the ceremony chose 4 students to highlight, and one of them was Bubba for his determination to finish. We were again touched beyond words!


 Our next milestone was our little Shelby who graduated Pre-K on  May 17th. She was so adorable during their program. She never missed a beat or a verse singing the songs. She said her Bible verse loud and clear - so loud we were wondering who this kid was? 

 If you read this to the bottom, I really appreciate it. I know most people don't find my blog very interesting, but is my life and this is what brings me joy. 
 I comment on so many blogs and the majority of them never even come to look at mine. I may continue for a while and then just give it up. I don't have much else to share except my family and the projects I make. 
 I hope everyone has a good weekend. Thanks for stopping by. 
 

11 comments:

Amy Bailes said...

Congratulations on both of the graduations in your family! I know that May is an extremely busy month for us also.

Eat To Live said...

Congratulations Shirley. Bubba will go far with all that determination. So many would take the easy road, but he fought for what he wanted.

Happy Weekend to you!!

Aunt Honey said...

I enjoy your blog -- though I rarely comment. Please don't give it up. I like hearing about your family, and love seeing your creations!!

Kristi said...

I found your blog from the link from Sew Many Ways. (Congrats on your win, by the way!)

I haven't read much yet, but what I have read is compelling. I would encourage you to keep blogging; it sounds like your family definitely has amazing stories to tell!

Anonymous said...

Don't give up! I loved reading about your son, his graduation, his friend, the interviews, and your little miss and her Bible verse. I don't get a ton of comments on my blog either but I keep doing it because I enjoy it - and when I have weeks when I don't enjoy it, I just don't post much. Thanks for sharing your family with us. Hugs ~ Mary

Lois Christensen said...

College and preschool graduation, all in one week! Congrats to you and your family! Your blog is lovely! And as long as you're enjoying posting and writing, that's all that matters! Enjoy your day!

Lois Christensen said...

Just had to come back and tell you what a beautiful testimony your previous post is! And I love, love, love that hymn. I'm playing the piano Sunday and I think I might use it as the offertory! Thanks!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such a special day for both Bubba and little Shelby. Thank you for sharing these two dear people in your life :)

Mermaid Sews said...

What beautiful celebrations. Congrats to you and your family. And don't give up blogging if you like it. I am sorry people don't take the time to check out your blog when you leave comments on theirs, I do think that is frustrating. Thank you for stopping by mine.

Dimple said...

Hi Shirley,
Thanks for the visit to my edited waterfall, I had fun doing it!

Congratulations to both graduates! I'm sure Bubba will go as far as he wants to in his field: he's proved he has the will and determination, and Shelby is a cutie in her cap and gown!

I would also say, who have now read two of your posts, don't give up! But don't blog for followers or comments (I have been there!). Write what you want to say, and share pics you want to share. It will help someone who drops in secretly to know your story, although you won't realize it at the time.

Di~ said...

Wow, what remarkable young man. I'm very impressed. Thanks for the article link.