Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cool Outfit for Our Hot Summer Days!

 The weather here has been sooooo hot! I've been working on using up some one yard cuts of fabric I have in my stash before Shelby gets too big. That girl is growing like a weed.
  This is Simplicity 2461 - just a simple pinafore type top with some bloomers.
 My daughter won the fabric from Fairytale Frocks and Lollipops a few months ago. It is such sweet and soft fabric!
  I made the rolled rose from some designs I bought at Embroidery Garden. It was fairly easy after watching the video. 
 I can't wait to see it on Shelby. When they were here today, they went swimming so my daughter will have to make some pics for me.







Shelby was in the pool when PawPaw announced we were having watermelon. That girl  hollered, "Get me outta here! We got wallermelon!"

6 comments:

DeeDee said...

well this is so precious... I so love the fabrics... and for free to boot..I bet she looks so darling in this....:D

Rettabug said...

Love that shot of her enjoying a cool, summer time treat! LOL

The fabrics are just luscious in that new outfit, Shirley! They look like a polished cotton & I bet their going to be cool to wear. Very nicely done!

fondly,
Rett

Bossy Betty said...

Just SO cute!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Love this outfit and so cool looking for the summer. NOW that is one way to cool off, cold watermellon.

Hope your holiday weekend is blessed and safe.

Sherry said...

Congratulations on winning Jenny's "believe". I love the little outfit you made. You are quite a seamstress. I love the rosette you added to it. I will have to check out the tutorial you learned it from.

Breathing In Grace said...

That is the cutest outfit ever!!! Our daughter and son-in-law are in the process of adopting, hoping for a little girl...I can't wait to get to sew things like this!!! Miss Shelby is adorable!