Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Firemen in Idaho need Bandanas!

 I posted this on my FB page, and so I'm also posting here.
  I shared a post on FB a few days ago from Luana Rubin (eQuilter.com) asking for bandanas for the firemen in Idaho. I stopped what I was doing and made a few to send quickly off. After sharing that with a blogging friend, she also sent me some information that I wanted to share. Please read this message, and if you can send any kind of bandanas, please send them to the address below.
This is from a local radio station up there. If anyone can send Bandanas for these firemen, please do! They can be any kind!
The address is in the paragraph, but it's: Blane County Sheriff's Dept, 1650 Aviation Dr., Hailey, Idaho 83333.


“Just got off the phone with Holly Carter at the sheriff's office...you know those 7,000 bandanas that everybody donated for our fire fighters? They need more. Yep. They used all of them! Holly is asking us to donate more if we can...just bring them by the sheriff's office: 1650 Aviation Drive in Hailey...on the way out to the airport. If you're sending them, It's 'Hailey, Idaho 83333.' Holly said that the "Bandanas for our Buddies" campaign has definitely gone viral...coming in from Texas, Connecticut, and Louisiana. We have a new team coming in on Sunday night, too. You know they're going to want new bandanas. Holly said a message written right on the bandana with a Sharpie is a good way to go. Thanks so much, everybody.”


 I tried to make some of mine larger - 20-28", but you can buy these bandanas pretty cheap anywhere. I know they would appreciate any that you send. Those fires are terrible, and at least I felt like I was doing a "little" something to help.

1 comment:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wow! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing the info.

And thank you so much for your kind comments and letting me konw about the Sew Beautiful magazines.

So nice to meet you through Sew It's Finished!

Blessings & Aloha!