Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mug Mat Swap Revealed!

 I think I mentioned that I had participated in a Mug Mat Swap on Brynwood Needleworks Blog
  Everyone has been receiving their mug mats in the mail, and I received mine the other day. This is a pic of the one I received which was made by Carol at Serendipity Blog. Carol is very talented, and I love this mug mat. The best thing is that it is MINE! I never make anything for myself so I will really enjoy this. I also love the beautiful fabrics she chose.
 This is the back below. It's just as pretty as the front.


    I also want to show you the one I made for the swap. I found an old floral quilt block at an estate sale. I added some other prints that I hoped would make the flower stand out. 

 These are so much fun to make. I had made a previous post linking to the tutorial that Donna made on her blog. It should be listed in my January archives.


 Thanks, Donna, for hosting such a fun swap, and for the chance to get to know other fellow bloggers with the same interests.


ShirleyC

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both mats are delightful. Wishing you a very nice weekend.

nonie everythingsewing said...

oh, how pretty. I don't seem to make things for myself but these look like fun and would be a great gift.
nonie

jamfiescreations1 said...

Great mug mats, very pretty. I love the one you made, it's so pretty and bright.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

WOW! that is perfect for your decor!

I think all creative folks love to share with others and that explains why we never keep anything we make.

The MugMat you create is perfect as always and lovely choice of fabrics.

Unknown said...

Shirley-You made and received darling mug mats! What a cute idea. Your new Maggie Lou is just adorable--does she call you Mimi? :) Thanks for the suggestions. I've had fun reading them all!

susan said...

Shirley-The comment signed Luke is from me--son was signed in :) :) :) I could not figure out how to delete it!

Angela said...

Yours and Carol's mats turned out great! They are so fun!
Angela

Carol at Serendipity said...

Shirley,
Great post!!! i am doing mine now. I seem to have lost a few days this week. I love my mug mat! It is on my desk!

Carol

Sherry said...

Wasn't this a fun swap. Both of the mug mast are gorgeous. You have a talente with a needle or a sewing machine. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.