Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Our New Baby Girl! (and 101 followers!!)

Meet Maggie Lou! She is the newest addition to our family. As many of you know, we lost our pom, Missy, in October. She was 16 years old, and we have missed her terribly. We tried to hold out until the summertime to get another dog, but we have sort of been looking.

 We really lucked up as this dog is about a year old, and pretty much out of that puppy stage where they are so much trouble. Her owner died a couple of months ago, and Maggie has been passed around in the family. The owner's sister decided to give her away so she could have more attention. They all had their own dogs, and she was just sort of a loner.

We may still get another puppy or small dog so she won't be lonely.
 She is really sweet, and just needs a little grooming which we will take care of next week.
 She brought a couple of her toys one being her own little purse. LOL
 I'm not used to a dog being under my feet in the kitchen as Missy wouldn't walk on the wooden floors. She is still exploring and getting used to us, but it looks like she has already decided to be my little sewing partner.

  I see my blog has reached 101 followers!! I have been saying that when I got to 100 I would have a giveaway, and I am. I just have to decide what it will be. So keep checking back!

ShirleyC

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh she is too precious! I know she will find her place in your home within time.
enjoy...

Annette said...

Oh how cute she is!! Life just isn't the same without a four legged companion!

Simply Debbie said...

SHIRLEY,
MAGGIE LOU IS A PRINCESS...SHE IS SO SWEET...SUCH A SWEET EXPRESSION ON HER FACE.
TODAY LEILA WAS LAID TO REST AT THE PLOT BEFORE YOU GET TO AMY'S GRAVE. INSTEAD OF SIDE BY SIDE, THEY ARE HEAD TO FEET...HER SERVICE WAS VERY EMOTIONAL BECAUSE THERE WERE SOOO MANY PICTURES OF LEILA AND AMY TOGETHER. I HAVE SUCH COMFORT KNOWING THEY ARE RUNNING ALL OVER HEAVEN GIGGLING...THEY HAD TO SCRAPE THE SNOW DRIFTS AND THE PILES WERE OVER 10 FEET TALL...YOU COULD NOT EVEN SEE AMY'S GRAVE EXCEPT FOR THE SNOWMAN PEEKING OUT.
THANKS FOR SHARING THE PICTURES OF MAGGIE...SHE IS ADORABLE...I AM SO GLAD SHE BROUGHT HER PURSE WITH HER...SHE WAS MEANT TO COME TO YOU
HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Rebecca Nelson said...

You are going to love your new baby girl. My Mollie is is 8 now and a Yorkie and she rules the house for sure!

I'm happy for you. Life is short...glad you didn't wait until summer to show this little beauty the love she deserves...

xoRebecca

LMP said...

What a sweet little face! I love that she brought her own little purse with her!
Leslie

Carol at Serendipity said...

Shirley,

What a dear dog. I don't have pets now but I love to love other people's pets.

I am working furiously on your mug mat and so far so good! I am called Mimi too. If you read my blog today, you will see why I have been missing in action.

Have a great week.

Carol

A Joyful Chaos said...

Aww she is precious! I love dogs but since we are renting that isn't an option we have right now.

Blessings~

BConky said...

Your new baby is adorable. I lost my old kitty before Christmas and know what a loss it is. I got a new baby kitten from my family and he just is such a enjoyable little fellow.
http://catsandcalico.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-chirstmas-kitty-mr-finnegan.html

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

What a sweet baby you have there, she sure is blessed to be in your home. I know she will be spoiled in no time flat.

Congrats and blessings on the new member of the family.

nonie everythingsewing said...

What a sweet little doggie. I know she will grow in your heart, so wonderful she came right when you needed her the most.

Nonie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How precious! I know you're having fun! Congrats on going over 100! KUDOS! ♥