Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Busy Birthday Week!

 My granddaughter, Shelby, turned 5 on Wednesday. Her party and my daughter's birthday were yesterday. They have kept us hopping! 
 On Wednesday, I met my daughter, and we took cupcakes to Shelby's class. Then we went to get Cayden where he was on a field trip. I always take them some type of present ON their birthday. That's just a special time for me.
  Emily had bought Shelby a purple leotard to wear for her party as it was at a sports center, and they did a lot of jumping and tumbling stuff. I thought it needed a little skirt, so I went to Hancock Fabrics and found this liquid silver lame to make a circular skirt. 
 It turned out so cute, and it was so easy as I made it completely on the serger!
  I used Simplicity 5401 to cut the circle, and I adjusted it a little so I could put elastic in the waistband. The fabric was really easy to work with even though it is stretchy. 

  This girl was ready to go to her party at 10:00 on Saturday, and her party wasn't until 1:00 pm. LOL
 It's hard to get a picture of a silver skirt when using a flash! 
  Then last night we met them at El Chicos Mexican restaurant because that's where Shelby wanted to go. She loves their french fries! What???
  She got ready, and this is what she wore: bluejeans with bling, a new shirt with bling, new sunglasses, a sequined cap, a necklace, 2 bracelets, new shoes, a princess pin, and a sequined purse. Then she asked her mommy if she needed to add anything else! 
We are very blessed to have such sweet and healthy grandchildren. I cherish every day that I get to spend with them and my kids!

3 comments:

Eat To Live said...

She is such a little cutie Shirley. I can see that she loves her little skirt. Good Job Grandma!!

sweetsue said...

Happy birthday to your little granddaughter!

Mermaid Sews said...

How lucky Shelby is to have such a talented Grandma. I wish my mother lived closer.