Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Monday, July 30, 2018

Summer is Busy!

When I was teaching school, there was never enough days in the summer to do all I wanted to do. Now that I'm retired, somehow it's not any better!!
 You would think I'd be able to sew every day of the week if desired, but it seems so many thing come up! 
 There's always house cleaning - never ending! Yet I never see much improvement. 😁 
 I did finally get to sew a few things, but it's been sporadic. I made a bunch of the Pioneer Woman placemat bags I showed on my previous post. 
 I embroidered a couple of towels for two children that were baptized at church. These are donated by my husband and myself. 


Then I decided to make a little sunsuit for Ellie. The pattern is Little Lizard King Astoria, and it was pretty easy and very cute! I got a few pics of her wearing it. I just love it on her!





A friend of mine gave me a dress she'd started for her granddaughter about 10 years ago and never finished. I finished it, and made some bloomers to go with it. I had to cut the dress off into a top so Ellie wouldn't trip over it as she's walking now. It's really sweet fabric.
I've been working on this post for a few days. I had to redo some things in my sewing room - again! I'm really liking that I have a more open space to work. I bought an Arrow Gidget 1 sewing table, and I love it. Now I can have more machines out at once. I sold the hutch over one of my desks, and that gave me much more desk space. 
Before
After
Gidget 1
 Thanks for stopping by! I hope to post again soon!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

such fun summer activities!

thanks so much for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com