Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Dresses for Honduras.

Some people from my area go on a mission trip to Honduras every January. My WMU mission group always likes to contribute in some way. 
 In the past we've collected flip-flops, sun glasses, glasses, jump ropes, little toys, band-aids, vitamins, and medicines just to name a few. 
 Last year the group had fewer people going so some of the stuff didn't get sent, but they've been taking it as they can. So this year our group is collecting baby and children's Tylenol.  Plus we will donate some money for other expenses. 
 I think we do really good considering our group isn't that large, and most are getting elderly. 

 One year I made 44 pair of shorts for boys. The past couple of years the group has taken up with some precious little girls - 4 little sisters whose mom left them. Their dad tries to take care of them, and he works so much of the time they are left alone. The group started taking up money to help support them throughout the year to be sure they were fed and kept cleaner. There is a local doctor there that helps to manage the funds.

 I decided to make each one of them a pillow case dress, and a little bag to store the dresses. I figured they could use the bags for storage since their little huts don't hold much stuff. I just loved that one of the ladies sent me the names so I could put them on their bags. 
 Please, if you read this, say a prayer for these sweet girls!




All of the fabrics for the dresses were given to me and leftover from other projects. I bought the fabric for the bags at a yard sale really cheap, and she gave me a whole bunch more. 

 Thanks for stopping by! Please come back again!
 

3 comments:

Brooke said...

wow!!
such a great project!

thanks so much for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

Sandra Walker said...

Such a worthy cause, and wow some pretty fabrics here!

Becca Fenstermaker said...

Lovely little dresses! It sounds like you have a wonderful and loving group.