Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Teaching the Love of Sewing!

I don't know when I've been so happy as when my grandson's wife, Alyssa, asked me to teach her to sew! 
 I've been wanting to teach sewing for a while, but I've just never gotten organized to start. So I had to figure out where to start and what I needed to go over with her before she sewed anything. She already knew a little so that helped a lot. 

 I explained a few things about fabric, grain lines, selvedges, cutting options, and a little about patterns. To keep her interest, we cut out some little pj pants for her baby, our great-granddaughter. She practiced sewing some seams first, and she did great. 

 She didn't finish the first pair the first day, but she came back another day, and finished those plus made another pair. She was pretty proud! 
 Now she's still coming, and she's working on some knit pants with a ruffle. I love this girl, and she's wearing me out, but what a great feeling to know someone wants to learn to sew! 



One of the best things is that I still have plenty of fabric for her to use that was left from sewing for my granddaughter. The first time she buys fabric, I will go with her because that's a lesson within itself!
 

2 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi again! How nice that your granddaughter asked you to teach her to sew. That is really a great compliment. I am hoping to get to teach both my great-nephew, Dominic, and his soon-to-be sister. It will be a few years, but that's okay. I have four more years to work full time. Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Aww, those little pajama pants are sew cute!!! That's great that you've gotten to teach your granddaughter to sew!!!