Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sewing for Ellie!

 The majority of my sewing this last couple of months has been for our sweet great-granddaughter, Ellie. (My previous post is also things for her.)
 Her mama asked me to make a summer outfit for her to wear in a local pageant - and I couldn't say no!






 We went shopping and found this lemon print fabric at Hobby Lobby along with the yellow gingham. The small pink dot was from Joann's Fabric.
 The pattern is from Violette Field Threads Patterns called the Isobel. The diaper cover is also from there called Ruby. I love the diaper cover. This is my 2nd time to use it. I wasn't crazy about the Isobel - putting it together. I grew up sewing with tissue paper patterns, and directions that seemed easier to follow IMO.  Anyway, it fit good and looked cute on her. I made some modifications with the sash. 


Ellie didn't win, but oh well, you never know with pageants! She is a precious baby girl, and brings us all so much joy.

5 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Shirley! WHAT?!! She didn't win - it must have been rigged. How darn adorable is she?!! Holy moly - I had to come check out the post right away. I know who to ask when I get tasked with sewing stuff for my great-niece. They always think we can make anything . . . even though we can't until we try. ~smile~ Roseanne

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

a beautiful baby

Julierose said...

Gorgeous sewing and what a cutie pie little girl...she looks adorable in that outfit...I'll just bet she loved it, hugs, Julierose

Rebecca Nelson said...

Hi Shirely!!!! I'm so glad you came to see me today! I sooo hope to be up and at it with the blogging thing before too long. Many things to share.

I hope this finds you doing GREAT! So many changes going on and I sooo appreciate you visiting me HERE after being away for so long. Too long.

Bless you, friend.

<3 Rebecca

Danice G said...

Adorable great-granddaughter. The little outfit is also very cute.