Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Two Month Check Up

Hello everyone,
I went back this afternoon for my check up. Today I saw Dr. Ghali, Dr. Kim, and Dr. Milton.

They were very pleased with the way everything is healing, and especially pleased with the way my tongue has healed and with my speech. I can tell it's getting better all of the time.

I explained the problem with my left shoulder being so stiff and not being able to raise my arm very high. Dr. Ghali said that is fairly normal for this type of surgery as I lost some the muscle in my neck area. So that makes more sense to me as to why it is so stiff.

He said I could have therapy, and I'm going to check into it asap. I think I probably need it with school starting August 21st.

I appreciate how many of you still email or call to check on me. It feels so good to know that so many care and still pray for me.

Hugs to all,
ShirleyC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shirley so happy to hear the good report from your Doctor visit! Yes you continue to be in our good thoughts and prayers. I am still amazed to this day just how involved this surgery was and how well you are doing!
Time to celebrate!

Jay D Wyatt said...

Awesome check up! Keep up the good work. Oh, by the way. If you have therapy for your shoulder, will you please have some extra therapy for mine?????

You are doing awesome! Take care and I love you.

Jay Dawn