Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Third Birthday is coming for the Princess!!

  On April 18th, our little princess will be "3". I can't believe it has already been almost 3 years. Since Mimi is slow these days, I've started preparing to sew her special outfit. My daughter allows me this privilege every year, and it thrills me beyond words. 
  Shelby really loved Cinderella at this time, and she is having her party at a place where the kids can play so we want her outfit to be comfortable yet cute.
  These are the fabrics I'm going to use along with a pic of the applique that will go on the bodice made of the pink dots (Chez Ami). The skirt will be made of the Princess fabric, and I think I'm doing a pink dot ruffle around the bottom, and possibly a shorter one of the blue gingham on top of that. I will have to see how heavy it will be before I make the final decision. The capris will also be the dots, but I will embellish them somehow to tie in with the rest of the outfit.
 The darker blue is for Cinderella's dress along with the blue gingham.
  I bought the next piece because the yellow matched Cinderella's hair the best, but it has so many shades of other colors that I knew it would come in handy for appliques in the future.
 
The colors look distorted in this pic, but they are very pretty.  I'm not sure about the rick rack yet. I always wait until the sewing gets underway to make those choices.  The pattern will be McCall's 6019 - View A, which is the shorter version in pink on the envelope.
 
 Sometimes things don't always turn out the way I have them pictured in my mind so keep your fingers crossed that it turns out the way I have it envisioned.
  Now let me leave you with a couple of pics of the previous birthdays. Thanks for looking.


 

3 comments:

Julia said...

What a sweet little princess in her birthday outfits! Great job!

Fifi Flowers said...

VERY cute!

Ellie Inspired said...

I can't wait to see this year's outfit! It looks like it will be fabulous. I love seeing past year's pictures - what a cutie!