Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hooooooo Are You????????

NightOwlCrafting



I've missed participating in Meet Me on Monday for a couple of weeks so I thought I would participate in the Hooooo are You Linky today. If you would like to participate, go to the Night Owl Crafting page and hook yourself up.

Here are the questions:

1.  How many times a year do you get your hair cut?

  I really can't say. I just go whenever it needs it or whenever it gets too unmanageable. I usually get highlights, and I get a haircut in between highlights.

2.  Where is the worst place to be stuck waiting?

  Now this could be a toss up! I do remember having to wait on a scheduled surgery one time for 5 hours. That was hard since I was so hungry and thirsty. They hooked me up to the IV, and I can't even tell you how many trips I had to make to the bathroom dragging that IV before I finally got to have my surgery. That was the day they did the biopsy, and I found out I had tongue cancer. So double bummer since I couldn't even eat afterwards - well, nothing good.

 3.  What are your favorite pizza toppings?

  This is easy. I love pepperoni, cheese, and purple onions with only a very light coating of tomato sauce, and in fact, I would rather have no tomato sauce.

 4. What's your favorite thing about where you live?

  I live in a small town which used to be very boring and quiet. Things have picked up in our parish since the discovery of the Haynesville Shale so now our roads are heavily traveled by big salt water trucks, oil company trucks, and you just name it. So far, it has remained a pretty low crime area, and that is a big plus. 
 Another thing I like is that we are located right on the Louisiana/Texas border so we have a choice of shopping "across the river" where food is tax free. We don't have a grocery store here anymore anyway.

5.  What's your favorite fruit? Veggie?

  My favorite fruit is watermelon. I love a variety of vegetables - especially in the summertime when fresh peas, butterbeans, squash, tomatoes, and corn are ready. I love homemade creamed corn. There is nothing better! 








4 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

I love these things we answer to get to know each other better!! I love watermelon, too!!!

Christie Cottage said...

I'd be traveling "across the river" to do everything! Our sales tax is 9% here on everything!


<><

Eat To Live said...

Hi Shirley,
Sent in a request to follow you on twitter. I already follow this blog.

Anne Lorys said...

It's fun to get to learn more about you!

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs,
Anne