Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Quite Contrary outfit for Shelby....

 That's the name of the fabric. I did a fabric swap/challenge on one of my forums, and my swap partner, Leslie, sent me this fabric. I just loved it, and it didn't take me long to figure out how to make an outfit that would showcase the fabric.
  I had recently reorganized my Sew Beautiful magazines, and I ran across a darling pattern in Issue #107 called Haley's Halter and Capris.
  The article showed 2 versions, and I chose to do the one with the rick rack instead of smocking.
 I love the capri pattern as it is slimmer than most patterns.

The back has 2 rows of elastic, and I like that since it's a halter style. The elastic will help to keep the top fitting snugly.
  I will probably give it to Shelby for her birthday in April so I won't be able to get pics of her modeling it just yet. I'm about to start working on some more spring/summer things.
 We are having some new flooring put down and that will put me behind about a week, but it's got to be done.

Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

LMP said...

Shirley, you do such beautiful construction. I love this outfit. I know it will be even more beautiful on little Shelby!
Leslie

Tracy said...

Oh Shirley,
Those textures and patterns go so well together...the colors are vibrant and stunning! Well done, my friend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is just adorable! You found the perfect fabric for this pattern! Very cute..she will love it! ♥

Anonymous said...

What a lucky girl she is. Such talent and creativity you have Shirley.

Anonymous said...

What PRETTY fabrics, Shirley...you hit the jackpot!
I made this same pattern outfit for Ms. C. two years ago. I think she can still wear it, due to the elastic & the fact that she is just getting taller, not wider.
Its nice to see your beautiful work again.
hugs,
Rett