Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I had the scare of a lifetime today!

  I sure don't want to make my daughter feel bad because she couldn't help it. I had just gotten home from Shreveport, and she had called me on her cell phone on her way to go and get the kids.
  All of a sudden - BAM! Someone hit her!  I knew immediately what it was. My knees went weak for what seemed like an eternity before she spoke or hollered, but I know it was maybe 2 seconds. 
  She was making a left hand turn, and a woman ran a red light. Luckily, Emily drives a Hummer. The other car was much more damaged. The Hummer did have some damage, but not in the way the other car did. It seems to be out of line or something. Her air bag didn't even deploy.
  She was shook up quite a bit, and her knee got banged a little. She doesn't even know how. 
  I thank God for protecting my oldest child today. It could have been so much worse.
Life is precious. Live each day as though it was your last. Love your family and your friends, and thank God for every minute you get to do that.

2 comments:

Peachy said...

I'm glad your daughter is ok, I know that had to scare you. I bet that was a long few seconds til she got back to you.
Take care
Peachy

Rettabug said...

My ♥ stopped when I read this! I bet you're skipped a beat, too, Shirley. How awful to be listening on the line when it occurred.
I'm so glad she's okay. Whew! I hope you yelled at her for talking on the phone while driving!!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes for our anniversary, too. :)

fondly,
Rett