Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

3 month check up with Dr. Kim....

  The reason for this blog to begin with was to update everyone about my tongue cancer suregery, recovery, and post op information.
  I had my quarterly check up with Dr. Kim today. I never get nervous until the day I go because at anytime if there is an unusual bump or anything I would call and go in for them to check it out.
  Everything looked good. In 3 months, I will have made it 2 years since the surgery. Two years is a big milestone with any kind of mouth cancer. Dr. Kim also mentioned again that most mouth cancers return within 2 years. Mine was on my tongue, and it was cut out and replaced with a flap from my forearm so I keep telling myself it would be rare for it to return, although I know it's not impossible.
  I hate the "C" word. I hate to hear of anyone having it. I have been so blessed that I didn't have to take chemo or radiation.
 I would like to thank my true and faithful friends who have kept up with me and my progress through this blog, emails, and phone calls. You are and will forever be in my heart. I love you all. Keep me in your prayers.

No comments: