Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 3 - ICU Update #2

Dad was there for her 10:00 visit, Jenny came for the 1:00 visit. I'm not sure what all they "talked" about but I know mom was glad Jenny was there.

Cody, Dad & I were there for 5:00. Mom is able to write on paper. But she is writing blindly. So the first thing she wrote, we couldn't read. We all got so tickled and she was trying so hard not to laugh.

She asked about Tonya, Robin, Cayden and some others. I told her Shelby spilled Coke all over her bumble bee dress and that made her smile. We talked about her meeting her cousin she hasn't seen in forever and ever. I told her they could take Cayden and Shelby when they go. Dad said no. Mom said yes. HAHA.

She is very coherent and was mad because the nurse from this morning said she was hallucinating and doesn't know or remember what she is saying. Dad asked her if that made her mad and she shook her head yes.

Once the trache comes out she will be able to talk. It will be slurred at first but the doctor said we would be able to understand her.

She wanted to know who was going to be there Monday. (when they move her to a room) We decided she was obviously coherent or she wouldn't have remembered what day they were moving her to a room.

She looked so much better than even last night. I know she has a long road ahead of her but she really has come so far it just a couple of days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to read of Mrs. Clark's progress! Hospitals are a very stressful place to be, both as a patient and a family member. My thoughts and prayers are (and have been) with you all.
Aimee B. (from NDES 3-5)