Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hardest Part of the Whole Day

Cayden called me to tell me that he had gone potty. Yeah, he should be potty trained, but he's not SOOO anyway, I asked him if he wanted to tell PawPaw. My thought process was something happy to end a very long day. So PawPaw asks him if he wanted to tell Uncle Cody. Of course he did. But guess who Cayden wanted to tell next??? Yep, his Mimi. Cody just handed me the phone. He couldn't talk. I couldn't talk. I was trying to tell him that Mimi was night night but I couldn't say anything. It was the end of a very long day and the tears just started flowing. I couldn't stop. I haven't stopped.

Oh yeah, then I get home, in my mailbox is a Mother's Day Card from my mom. It read, "Enjoy your day, I'll be fine. Love, Mom" Yeah, that didn't help stop the tears!

I am just praising God that my kids will have there Mimi here to love them and take care of them and be there for them!

I am okay now. My kids were so sweet and loved on their mommy and it was just what I needed.

Cody seemed to be okay and dad assured us he was fine. I know he is exhausted but I am so proud of him. He was so strong today. I know he had moments where he was dying inside but he didn't show it.
I am signing off for tonight. Thanks again to everyone for your prayers. I know mom feels your love and God's arms around her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that I have dried my tears along with yours Emily and figured out how to respond on the blog, I just want you to know that I am SO glad that everything went well as planned. That is because God's hand was holding the doctors during surgery and the other hand was wrapped around your mom. Mrs. Shirley will continue to be in my prayers everyday along with you Em and your dad and Cody and the rest of the family. Please call if I can do anything. LET THE HEALING begin. MEL

ByNanasHands said...

You guys have had SUCH a long day, please know that the thoughts and prayers of many, many people are with you. You don't know us, but we know Shirl through the SewForum website...she is a darling woman that we have all come to know and love!

Get some rest, you'll need it for the days of recovery and rehab that are ahead of you. Please hug our Shirley for us and let her know we're thinking about her.

Jay D Wyatt said...

I hope everyone got a good night's rest.

Emily, what a sweet, sweet Cayden story. Mimi will LOVE reading this blog and I know it will bring her joy.

Thank you again for the wonderful updates yesterday. You know those of us who can't be there, are there in spirit!

Love,

Jay Dawn