Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 8

Well, I am home today because yesterday day care called and said Shelby was running a fever. Lovely. So I had to miss another day of work today. She slept all night and seemed fine last night. Probably teething but now I can't work today because they can't go back for 24 hours after they have had fever. She's still asleep so I'm not sure what today is going to be like.

Dad said they got a little sleep last night. They came in and bathed her at 2am and changed the bed. He said she was awake anyway. The doctors have already been by this morning. They are going to start taking every other staple out today (on her neck) and are going to make the trache smaller. He said as soon as she could drink 2 cups of water they would take the feeding tube out. I think that may be easier said than done.

The team of doctors that did mom's surgery have another surgery just like hers today. One of them told dad that it was a worse case though. I can't imagine. I hope that person is okay. We know first hand how hard it can be.

2 comments:

Jay D Wyatt said...

I have heard about all the rain Shreveport has gotten and that the electricity is out in areas. I hope you all are safe and sound.

Love you,

Jay Dawn

Donna Sidle said...

I'm so glad to hear your mom is doing so good! Tell her to keep it up! Also tell your mom & dad that we are throwing a major fish fry next weekend for my 40th birthday and I sure wish they were able to come!

Love,Donna Sindle