Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Follow Up Appt. with Dr. Kim

Today was my official first follow-up appointment, and it was with Dr. Kim. He's the one who took the flap from my forearm and built my tongue.
He was very pleased with my tongue and the healing process. I still have to clean and pack the place where the 2 staples got a little infected, but it is getting better.
Dr. Him cleaned up my forearm area, and when I say cleaned, that means he took off the scaly dead stuff. I have 2 places where the graft hasn't quite taken. I was given instructions on how to clean and wrap that area. He says it should be fine, but will take a little longer because of the tendons. He said I need to limit the use of that arm a little more.
The best part is that the vent hole has healed together, and I can now wear a smaller dressing. It is still healing, but this is a major step for me.
Just keep praying for all to keep healing. My worst pain is in the neck area below my chin for now. I am getting some feeling back in other areas of my jaw. It is just a long process, and everyone is very pleased. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since the surgery, and my voice is nearly back. Of course, when I'm really tired and have just taken a pain pill, my speech is a little sluggish. Thanks to all of you for your continued prayers, cards, and emails.
Love you all,
Shirley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! This is an EXCELLENT report. I'm so happy you have done so well, Shirley. I knew we would have to tell you to take it easy! Dr. Kim beat us to it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Shirley, it's great news that you are doing so well - my thoughts and prayers are with you...continue the good work and don't try to overdo things.

ejay.