Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Pray the heartrate gets back to normal!

If she can get over that she will be good to go! Literally! As in home!

It is just too elevated right now. With it being elevated, it is making her feel tired and short of breath. The cardiologist says this happens in about 25% of people that have surgery. He is hoping to control it with medicine so she can avoid the shock treatment! This is also hindering the amount of walking she can do.

I believe I forgot to mention that they took out every other staple in her neck and all the staples in her arm. They are *supposed* to take out everything else on Friday. We shall see!

Mom called Cody tonight! She was also sending text messages out or so I hear!

Robin Sue stayed with her. Dad tried but he is just not good at being in the room with her. Mom agreed that he tried.

I am working all night so I will be sleeping until 1 or 2 on Friday so there won't be any updates until after then.

Thursday visitors were Mary Giecek, Janice & Dale Morvan, Jenny Mourad and I think that is it. I will double check with dad to make sure I didn't miss anyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning! Just wanted to wish you a wonderful day and say that we will continue to pray for your rapid recovery. This blog is so awesome at keeping us updated on your progress! It is exciting to hear that you have your voice! Relax today and get your heartrate back to normal so you can go home! Have a great day! Huge hugs, Lee Ellen and Katie

Anonymous said...

Emily, YES! Shirley sent me a CUTE text message yesterday afternoon. I was so shocked I immediately called her back on her cell. :)

I'm SO PROUD OF YOU, OleGirl!! That heart rate may be up because you are SO excited about the possibility of GOING HOME. :):):)

You have done so well, and I am so happy for you. YAY that all those tubes are gone. Happy dance!!

Anonymous said...

GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD!!!! :-)

Tell Shirley that if she has to have a "little shock" that maybe she won't have to have a perm in her hair for a while!!!!! ~:-O

Y'all are still in my prayers,
Mama Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh Shirley hopefully all is going well today so can soon be back home! I'm thinking the heart is from pressure not being able to tell others just what she thinks!
Hugs