Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Friday, May 23, 2008

The Team of Doctors

For those of you that have kept up with the surgery from the beginning, I thought you might be interested to know a little about the doctors.
Dr. G. Ghali.DDS.MD.FACS is my main doctor, and the other doctor is Dr. D. David Kim. They have a team of interns working under them. There were at least 9 or more that worked on the surgery. One of the nurses asked Clay one day just how many doctors I had because they had counted at least 9 going in and out.
Dr. Milton and Dr. Ringeman were the 2 that I saw the most, and they are at the top of my list. They were so caring, and so careful, and always tried to make me laugh about something. As I told many of you from the beginning, being good looking didn't hurt a bit either.
I had to make a trip today because a place where a staple was still in my neck was kind of getting infected. I saw Dr. Milton. He went ahead and redressed my trach area so he could look at it (and it's doing good). When I was asking where I should hold it to talk, he said, "Do you want me to mark it with an "X"." I rolled my eyes at him and I thought the nurse was going to fall out laughing. Their little humorous comments along the way have really kept me going.
They assured me today that I should not expect any kind of major problems. This was so very minor, but it's good I got it checked.
I'm enclosing a link about Dr. Ghali. It's kind of interesting. He is one busy man.

http://www.oms-education.org/faculty/ghali.html
I go back on Tues. to meet with Dr. Ghali and Dr. Kim for my first follow up appointment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hum a few bars of "It's a Small World" as you read! Muggs plays golf with Dr. Kim. They played together this morning (Mon, Memorial Day). Muggs has talked about him alot because he has done some really miraculous work. I have the newspaper article about the girl from overseas whose jaw he rebuilt. You are in marvelous hands! He's an okay golfer, too! We are all so glad to hear that you are doing well! Have a great day! Huge hugs, Lee Ellen and Katie