Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We Are Done!!!!

Everything went as planned. The doctor is finished and they are finishing cleaning up her trache and getting her feeding tube inserted. He said she had a short arm so it didn't give him as much vein as he is used to working with. But he made do.

We will be able to see her in about an hour and half or so. She will have a splint with a drain, drains coming out of her neck as well as the trache and feeding tube.

Thanks again for ALL of your prayers!!!!

3 comments:

mm_14 said...

Thank God. And thank you for keeping us updated. We will all continue to pray for you to find strength to continue your vigil as the days of recovery begin. God is taking very good care of Shirley.

mm_14
SewForum Buddy

ClassiclyAmber said...

Yes, thank you, God! That is AWESOME, Em!! I'm so glad it's done and that she can concentrate on healing now. If I lived nearby, I would bring all of you a really big dinner. It's the thought that counts, right?

Our family will continue praying for her and your family. Blessings to all of you! =-)

Anonymous said...

Emily, PRAISE GOD it is all over for Shirley and now the recovery begins. I'm sure it will be painful for you all to see her as the doctor has described, but just know that the worst part is over and it should get better each visit. Shirley has been on my heart and in my prayers all day long.

Clay, I know you told me in March, when Shirley had the biopsy, that it was the longest day of your life. Well, my friend, I'm sure it was nothing to compare to this one. I'm sure you have had loads of support to get you through the day. I just wish you truly knew how very many of Shirley's friends are praying for all of you today and will throughout the weeks and months to come.

Shirley, OleGirl, you DONE GOOD again! :) Hurry now and heal. Show those ICU nurses what a wonderful person you are. There is nothing to dread now - it is OVER and you are on the road to recovery.

Much, much love to you all.