Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Some Other Prayer Requests

I'm asking all of you wonderful people to please pray for some special people in my life.
My sister-in-law, Alvern, that lives in Pasadena, TX had a stroke on May 17. I had just talked to her the day before. They did surgery, and she is responding some - opens her eyes and will answer yes or no by shaking her head, but she has a long way to go. She will go to a rehab soon. She was married to my oldest brother that died in 2000.
My friend, Lynda, that has posted on this blog, fell and hurt her shoulder really bad. I met her the summer my mom died, 1997. Her daughter was in the ICU where my mom was and we sat together in the waiting room for over 5 weeks together. We have kept our friendship going, and I have always felt we were both put there for a reason.
The other request is for one of my teaching buddies, Kristy. She had back surgery on Tuesday. She did OK, but is in pain, and she has 2 young girls who want their mommy up and running.

I am doing pretty good. It's just a slow process. My husband and my daughter-in-law are trying to come up with some more ideas for my meals. Not everything tastes good pureed, but Clay has done a great job trying, and for the most part, I've had some good mushy meals.
Just keep the prayers coming.

Shirley

1 comment:

Jay D Wyatt said...

Shirley, I will definitely add Alvern, Lynda and Kristy to my prayer list.

Hooray for Clay and Tonya! I know they are up to the challenge of creating new meals for you.

Love,

Jay Dawn